Pixelmon Minecraft

The Minecraft Pixelmon mod is really something quite spectacular. With hundreds of classic and current gen Pokemon available to hunt, capture, and train, there's a lot of nostalgia running rampant through this game.


When I think about my dream game, the perfect game, I think of a combination of Skyrim and Pokemon. I think this is the closest that we'll see anytime soon. There's just something thrilling about the idea of going out and looking for a specific kind of Pokemon in a game like this. It feels more real. I know that if I want a water Pokemon, I had best find a lake, river, or ocean. For a bug or grass type, I seek out forests. During my normal Minecraft adventures, I just kinda stick to one place, no real exploring or anything, I just try to set up a sustainable living space and then thrive. Here, if I really want to be the best, I must venture out and grow. It's almost kinda scary. You don't know what you're going to find, or how long it will take you to find it. You may not even be able to make it back if you get lost. Save for Pokemon Go, I think this is the most immersive Pokemon experience available to us (of course, Pokemon Go isn't actually out yet).

So, Minecraft Pixelmon looks to be a great way to scratch that nostalgic itch while experiencing something new. I know that I'll be spending a lot more time in this game. Queue the music...

Comments

Popular Posts